Written for NCEA Level 1 2024 Curriculum
Authors : Susan Battye, David Wort and Jo Hayes
Orders now being taken.
Expected delivery early Term One 2024
Total of 5 Credits - Common Assessment
Master the skills needed to succeed in the AS 1.3 Writing assessment with our comprehensive workbook. We’ll explain the Standard and the spelling and grammar requirements.
Whether you prefer creative or formal writing, our workbook allows you to work to your strengths, although your teacher may also offer valuable guidance. With a range of different types of writing to try, you’ll be in the best position to achieve the results you deserve. Your path to success begins here.
This workbook contains a large number of write-on student tasks designed to help students practise the skills necessary to develop a deeper understanding in this area of the New Zealand English curriculum. Students will also find detailed instruction boxes, glossaries and other resources that will develop the ideas, vocabulary and processes needed to gain a high level pass in the external assessment for this Standard.
Topics Covered in this Workbook Include :
- Understanding the Standard
- Spelling and Punctuation
- Creative Writing - Structure of Texts
- Creative Writing - Viewpoints
- Creative Writing - Inner Thoughts
- Creative Writing - Mood Techniques
- Creative Writing - Narrative Writing
- Creative Writing - Descriptive Writing
- Creative Writing - Writing Poetry
- Creative Writing - Person Writing
- Creative Writing - Proof-Reading
- Formal Writing - Structure of Texts
- Formal Writing - Key Facts
- Formal Writing - Fact and Opinions
- Formal Writing - Be Convincing
- Formal Writing - Essay Structure
- Formal Writing - The Essay
- Formal Writing - The Review
- Formal Writing - Letter to the Editor
- Formal Writing - A Report
- Formal Writing - Example Essay
- Formal Writing - Example Review
Sigma's workbook 'AS 1.3 Writing' is best bought before the standard is taught at school and used throughout this time as a classroom and homework resource. Alternatively, the workbook would make an excellent independent study resource.
Once completed, 'AS 1.3 Writing' provides a useful set of revision notes at assessment time. It can be kept as a reference book if students intend taking a Year 12 English course.